When you want to find the best recumbent bike for your health and fitness you’ll want to know about all the available features in the types, and which price-range accommodates those features. If you’re struggling with weight, then this is a really good option especially if you face time-constraints, and work at a non-physically demanding job. Recumbent bikes are a great option for those who want a convenient piece of equipment to train at home.
Table of Contents
What Kind of Results Can I Expect from Using A Recumbent Exercise Bike?
The best Recumbent Exercise Bike, is to do cardio, and lose weight from the comfort of your own home. You can expect to have a mostly seamless installation process, and with many of the options here it’s very easy way to manage your progress. If you’re a novice to in-home exercise equipment, this may be a good option for you. Some exercise equipment is more expensive, and requires increased stamina, while others are less so.
If you’re looking to lose up to 40KGs, this is a good piece of equipment, and you’ll want to consult with a personal trainer or a nutritionist to figure out the best program for you. This is definitely a great piece of equipment, but you’ll find that most customers agree on this one thing: you get what you put into it. As a generally convenient piece of equipment, the irritation of going to a gym is removed, and you have the equipment right in front of you. This can make it easier, but also somewhat trickier, because it can cause various emotional or mental blocks.
The best way to deal with this, is to plan out how you’d like to use the Recumbent Exercise Bike, and try not to compensate the effort with additional features on the equipment. Some people have been able to make a huge difference with Recumbent Exercise Bikes that cost less than $500, while others enjoyed measuring their physical condition with the added electronic equipment.
- Evaluate the Features
- Plan Your program
- Consult with a Professional
What’s the Typical Price Range?
The typical price-range of the best Recumbent Exercise Bike around $500, but it can go lower, and it can go higher. In this recumbent exercise bike review you’ll find a huge range of prices, but most of them will be below the $1000 mark.
In most of these products, you can expect a brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). You can expect the same packaging as the ones in the store, unless the package is hand-packed, in which case there are slight differences such as using unprinted boxes or a plastic bag.
What Kind of Features Should I Look For?
Things to Consider
- The prices of the best Recumbent Exercise Bike can vary according to the gears, and technology integrated into the form of the exercise bike. There are various levels, to the different types of exercise bicycles.
Value – Price and warranties
- There are various warranties to different recumbent bikes, and you can find the best recumbent bikes on this review. Most warranties, in the recumbent bike product-line, are two to three years.
Type of Work Out
- There are different programs for different workout styles. You can have a more intense routine, or a more relaxed one. You can work on your muscle-density, or you can work on getting lean. The type of programs are contingent on the price, and the quality of the best Recumbent Exercise Bike. You can also use supplements, and apps to help you optimizs your training.
Features and Functions
- The features, and functions of the different varieties of best Recumbent Exercise Bikes are the different programs and the workout levels in the LCD screens of the recumbent exercise bike. Some have LCD screens, which will typically do this.
- The back of a chair, which can offer lumbar support.
- Comfortable seats for convenient exercise.
- Reduced noise, while cycling.
- LCD screens can have various functions. They can have a split screen. They can have a USB charger. They can integrate with your iPod or your MP3 player .
- There are various sizes to the different best Recumbent Exercise Bike. Some are larger, and others will be very small. Most are good for a small apartment, if you’re looking for one piece of equipment.
- Other considerations can be, the non-slip surface, the water-bottle holder, the assembly time of the Recumbent Exercise Bike. The more complex the Exercise Bike, the longer it may take to assemble.
- Adjustable handlebars, that can go in various rotations and directions
- Recumbent Exercise Bike can support up to 400 pounds, but this depends on the durability and structure of the bicycle.
- Wheels can make it convenient to move the Recumbent Bicycle from room to room.
- The adjustability of the seat is for comfort, some can go higher, and lower. This can be a special feature on some Recumbent Bicycles like the Sun and Health Fitness Pro.
How To Best Choose and Use The Best Recumbent Exercise Bike For You?
To choose the best recumbent bike, according to the dimensions of your apartment complex. Another factor that you should take into consideration, is the price-range, and the programs that are available to you. The programs can vary in intensity, and can go from being very basic to highly advanced. You should weigh the amount you want to spend, and how varied of your objectives are in terms of your work out i.e. a more relaxed cardio routine to something more demanding.
The Difference Between a Full-Body and a Non-Full Body Exercise Bike
The biggest difference between a full-body recumbent exercise bike, and a non-full body recumbent exercise bicycle, is the back-support. Non-full body recumbent exercise bikes, are generally more reclined, which can still offer you a relaxed cardio routine. Full-body Recumbent exercise bikes, can also offer you a more full-rounded work-out.
The List of Best Recumbent Bike
Here is a list of top 10 best recumbent bikes which can help you to narrow down your choices.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Schwinn 270 is a very convenient, and in comparison to the AD6 AirDyne, it is very reliable and durable. The mechanisms, as with most Recumbent Exercise Bikes, are very reduced in noise, which make it a very comfortable recumbent exercise bike.
- Shipping: There’s free delivery, and it’s very convenient as with most of these types of products on Amazon.
- Assembly: The assembly of The Schwinn is relatively easy, but it can take up to three hours.
- Form Factor and Appearance:The Schwinn has better speed, and a solid durability edge to other models.
- Function and Operation: The Schwinn has various programs, and the handlebars are very flexible for use. The chest-strap capability allows you to measure your heart-rate.
- 13” x 67” x 27”
- Schwinn 270 has additional layers of comfort
- Magnetic Eddy Current
- 25 Different Levels in an ascending levels in difficulty
- Pedal cranks and pedals redesigned, and now 3-piece pedal cranks
- 29 workout programs, with higher speeds : 12 profiles, 9 heart rate control , 4 Beginner , 4 Advanced , 1 Custom ,4 Customer user-defined (1 Beginner, 1 Advanced) , 2 Fitness tests (1 Beginner, 1 Advanced)
- Heart rate on the handlebars can track your progress
- Enjoy your music, with an iPod or MP3 Player
- Three-speed cooling fan
- A water bottle holder to ensure hydration
- Maximum weight of 300 lbs with wheels
Exerpeutic 1000 High Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse Wide Seat
Let’s ignore the typical workout routines that you see on television for a moment. With this equipment, you’re essentially warming up, while working it all out. There’s a reduced noise so you can play your latest playlist, and some people even read a book. It’s really all about your comfort with the Exerpeutic 1000 Capacity Recumbent Exercise Bike. Many exercisers find this is a great way to start working out, especially if they’re recovering from an injury. The nice thing about it, is that there are different intensities to the programs, so your progress isn’t stilted. It’s a value-oriented model, and the assembly is mostly quite easy. Customers usually say it takes two to three hours.
- Shipping: You can look forward to free shipping, and convenient delivery.
- Assembly: This is an easily assembled recumbent bike that typically only takes 25 minutes. It’s very much like DIY bookshelf.
- Function and Operation : This recumbent bike has reduced noise, smooth pedaling, is stationary (doesn’t wobble), and is easy to bring out/put away. It isn’t exactly comfortable in terms of seating, but it’s alright.
- Electronics : The electronics on this model, are less relevant. The HRM/Calorie Counter on any exercise equipment isn’t as critical. The mileage and speed are fairly accurate, but overall, it’s what you expect to buy with the price.
- Minimizes stress on joints, while offering a challenging cardiovascular workout
- A Customisable Magnetic Tension Control System with Eight Levels .
- The comfort of the seat on this model, is easily a good feature because it can be adjusted to fit anywhere from 5’3” to 6’1 users. The heart rate is also measurable through your monitor.
- Includes easy-to-read LCD displays,which indicate various metrics that track progress.Like: Calories, Time, Speed, Heart-rate .
- It Electronics can be folded for storage, with the included transportation wheels.
- Reliable warranty
- Unique feature: Leg stabilizer
- Comfortable and ergonomic seat
- Dimensions: 54” x 22” x 34” and holds a maximum of 300 pounds
MARCY-ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Marchy-ME 709 is a very affordable model, which has many positive reviews. Overall, people are very satisfied with the MARCY-ME 709 Recumbent Bike. The assembly and shipping makesit very convenient, and all in all, the mechanisms, reduced noise and additional features package a great buy.
- Shipping: Amazon is a great website to buy the MARCY-ME 709 Recumbent Bike, because it can be easily delivered and it offers free shipping.
- Assembly: The assembly is very easy, and it can take around two to three hours to assemble.
- Form and Appearance : The form of the MARCY-ME 709 is suitable for apartment complexes, and smaller in-home gyms. It can stand alone, but without wheels moving it from one room to another can be trickier than with others.
- Electronics :This doesn’t have any LCD screen, meaning tracking your progress or heart-rate would be difficult. Nevertheless, you can still use an app to compensate for this.
- There is an indoor cycling 9-level preset resistance, and easy-to-adjust tension-tightening knob for various fitness levels.
- A large display which can track the speed, time, calories and distance.
- Pedals are counterbalanced through an adjustable foot strap; transport wheels, which are built-in.
- Measures 55.5” x 25” x 37.5” (W x H x D) and 66 pounds of weight.
Best Value: Velocity Exercise CHB-R2101 Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Velocity Exercise CHB-2101 Recumbent Exercise bike is generally considered to be a more affordable option, with several programs, and different user profiles. The electronic functions are generally of a higher grade than the other exercise bikes. Acoustic sound, is mostly considered to be an advantage, which makes it one of the best recumbent bike on TopFitnessLab. It also has a good grip-based heart rate.
- Shipping: The shipment of the Velocity CHB-R2101 Recumbent Bikes can vary according to which websites you’re using. With Amazon, it’s generally a lot easier, and they offer free shipping for certain regions so be sure to check whether this includes yours.
- Assembly: The assembly of this equipment, is generally quite arduous, and can take up to three hours to finish. Still, you have the instruction manual in front of you, so you can put it together.
- Form and Appearance : The form and appearance of the Velocity Exercise Recumbent Bike CHB-R2101 bike, is a reliable and durable solid piece of equipment. It can hold up to 300 pounds. Overall, the mechanics are smooth, in particular the resistance levels, and the seat can stay upright.
- Function and Operation :The function and operation of the Velocity Exercise Recumbent Bike, is generally high-functioning, with various programs that can offer different resistance, workout programs, and a heart-rate simulator, which can be used to track your progress.
- Electronics :The Velocity CHB-R2101 Recumbent Bike, is mostly seen as an entry-level model, so it is affordable, but you can’t expect the same high-tech capabilities of the other models you can read about on this review.
- mensions: 38” x 53” x 24”
- Split display for an LCD windows, the status is up to 13 workout details
- Charging USB port and data export
- 2-way flywheel
- Large display showing : Time , Speed , ODO, Distance , Calories , Hand-pulse
- Eight different levels of preset resistances
- Acoustic sound from chambered speakers
Exerpeutic Magnetic High Capacity Recumbent Exercise Bike for Seniors
Overall, this is a great option for people who are on a budget, and looking for a challenging yet adjustably de-stressed exercise routine. It offers various programs, and the intensity can be manipulated with a easy-to-use control system. It’s very user-friendly, and will track your progress.
- Shipping: The shipping of this Exerpeutic Magnetic High Capacity Recumbent Exercise Bike for Seniors is really convenient. The process is generally easy and free with Amazon.
- Assembly: The assembly is very simple, and can be easily managed with a clear instruction guide.
- Form and Appearance : The form and appearance of the Exerpeutic Magnetic High Capacity Recumbent Exercise Bike, is generally ergonomic. It doesn’t have the lumbar support, but it’s a solid.
- Function and Operation :The function and operation of a Exerpeutic Magnetic High Capacity Recumbent Exercise Bike is generally qutie good, and has a multi-position handlebar. It has a quiet drive belt, and the gears are controlled by lever and readout.
- Electronics :The electronics on this Exerpeutic Magnetic High Capacity Recumbent Exercise Bike is very readable, and clear to understand. You can also scroll through the programs to choose a suitable intensity for your workout routine.
- Holds up to 300 pounds
- Helps get you in shape in the comfort of your home
- Magnetic Tension System which you can control between the 8 different levels
- Can hold up to 300pounds
- LCD display : Distance, Calories burned , Speed, Heart-rate monitor.
ProGear 190 Compact Recumbent Exercise Bike with a Heart Pulse Sensor
The ProGear 190 is one of the more affordable options on this model. It is a more basic option, and is useful for people who need something to help them with their workout routine. Whether it’s because you’re trying to lose weight at your own pace, a knee injury or what have you, this is overall a good starter for your workout routine. It has a heart pulse sensor for older folks, and the durability shouldn’t be that much of an issue. It’s a good recumbent exercise bike, and you can workout wherever in the comfort of your own home.
- Shipping: The shipping is conveniently delivered to your doorstep, and it can be assembled using the instructions given to you, and is free of charge with amazon.
- Assembly: You have all the hardware and tools, to assemble it. The only thing that isn’t an adjustable wrench to tighten the pedals.
- Form and Appearance : The form and appearance, is generally very solid, it has a comfortable chair, for relaxed exercise.
- Function and Operation :The extended cycling on this ProGear 190 Compact Recumbent Bike with a Heart Pulse Sensor, is very convenient considering it has several programs and various degrees of resistance. The operation of the programming is manageable on the LCD screen, which doesn’t hold a glare against your eyes.
- Electronics : The LCD display shows your heart-rate, which is generally good to track your progress, and the intensity of your routine.
- Hand-pulse monitor
- Dimensions: 9” x 46” x 15”
- Recumbent Frame: It’s very easy to get on and off the recumbent bike
- Display: Tracks speed, Time, Distance , Calories , Pulse
- A weight capacity of 275 lbs
- itoring, which can help target your heart rate
- 1 year limited warranty
- A large pedal with a safety strap, that can help foot slippage
Nautilus R614 Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Nautilus R614 Recumbent Exercise Bike is reviewed as a great alternative to treadmills or elliptical machines. It services people with knee issues, and people who are looking for adjustable intensities to increase the way they challenge themselves during their routine.
- Shipping:The shipping of the Nautilus R614 Recumbent Exercise Bike, is very easy. You can buy it directly from Amazon here and it’s freely shipped depending on your location.
- Assembly:The assembly of the Nautilus R614 is an excellent recumbent exercise bike, well-built and screws and bolts, and tools. The Nautilus R614 can also be assembled within an hour.
- Form and Appearance :The Nautilus R614 is generally very comfortable for a relaxed cardio workout. It has a powder-coated finish.
- Function and Operation : The Recumbent Exercise Bike, is generally dependable, and affordable for apartment complexes. The semi-recumbent platform two custom programs, and two heart rate programs. It has nine-inch LCD console and a built-in fan.
- Electronics : The display of the Nautilus R614, is typically considered very useful. It doesn’t have a bright LCD screen, which allows for ease of reading. The heart-rate monitoring system allows you to track your progress, and track the intensity of your progress.
- 8” x 28” x 12.5”
- Unique selling point: It’s been reviewed as the best buy for its price range
- 22 programs
- 20 levels of resistance
- A Grip Heart-Rate
- Acoustic Chamber Speakers
Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike is an Exercise Bike, that works well for your workout. The step-through design, innovative design eliminates the inconvenience of going to a gym and working out there. It’s definitely a good option for people, who may experience mild discomfort with working out. Unlike the upright exercise bicycle, it can offer a relaxed and focused workout with lumbar support. It has quick, responsive controls and is generally a feature-rich kind of option.
- Shipping: The shipping of the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike is packaged in a printed box, and with Amazon you can find free shipping. The equipment is wrapped up, although assembly is a little more complicated than others.
- Assembly: The assembly of this Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike is a little trickier. The time spent to assemble The Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike can be up to four hours. Two people can be used to assemble the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike, and the instructions are there.
- Form and Appearance : The seat is very comfortable, the display is within eye-level, and the pedals have straps that can be used to keep your feet in place. It has an aesthetically-pleasing design.
- Function and Operation : The function and operation of the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike This is a very responsive exercise bike, and it works at any speed that you like, depending on how fast you’re going. The one-touch controls, makes it very convenient to work with.
- Electronics : The resistance is controlled electronically, not manually. If you use the one-touch controls, you can easily adjust the resistance, and programs that you want to optimize your stamina, and get the cardio workout you want.
- Dimensions: 9.8” x 35.6” x 18.3”
- Effective pedaling for low-intensity cardio
- A smoother magnetic resistance
- Easy-to-read LCD screen: Display speed, Distance, Time , Calories
- Upholstered seat with adjustable positioning
- 1-year warranty
Star Trac E-RB Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Star Trac E-RB Recumbent Bike is a generally considered an affordable option with useful features. You can expect a LCD display, and a calorie-count feature designed to track your progress.
- Shipping: The shipping is very convenient. On Amazon you can have it shipped to you for free, but this can depend on your location. It also comes in a print-packaged box, with the pieces wrapped up for your convenience.
- Assembly: It’s easily assembled, and typically takes about two hours to put together. The pieces are labelled, and you can follow the instructions. You can use additional resources online, if you face any issues, but reviews typically say that it’s quite easy.
- Form and Appearance : The Star Trac E-RB Recumbent Exercise bike has a flywheel, and the sturdiness is without wobbling or rocking. When you are standing out of the saddle, or jumping in and out, it’s generally quite steady. Customers experience durability, and get a good workout.
- Function and Operation : The resistance of the Star Trac E-RB Recumbent Exercise Bike offers a good cardio workout. You can adjust it for incremental progress, and you can set it to where you want it for the hill climbs and standing out of the saddle. The pedals and stability of the straps is a strong-point of this model.
- Electronics : It has a display, with various features and the light is pleasant to the eyes. This works well to track your progress, and see your time.
- Patented 14” pedal straps for stability
- 66in L x 28in W x 52in H / Weight: 210 lbs. Max User Weight: 350 lbs.
- Custom aluminum frame construction
- Dual-sided straps
- LCD: 16-Character Message Window, Distance-speed and METs, Watts
- 20 Levels of intensity
- Power Supply for Base Unit
- Standard Features: Cooling fans, walk-through design, adjustable reading station armrests, wrap-around adjustable seat
Best Value: Schwinn 230 Exercise Recumbent Bike
Well, the Schwinn 230 seems to be overall, a very solid choice for exercisers out there. The price point is below $500, and we’d say the mechanisms are comparable, and measurably competitive with other recumbent exercise bikes. On some levels, it might even be a better fit for people, who may have more to spend. There’s more programs than various recumbent exercise bikes below and above this price point, and the brand comes with a consistent guarantee. I’d say, the Schwinn 230 is comparable with other models, like the Schwinn 270 or the AD6, which are both good options as well. Some amenities can be bought in addition to the model, and generally come at reasonable prices.
- Shipping: Luckily, if you go on Amazon you can order this model for free of charge.
- Assembly: The assembly, like many of the other models can take up to two hours, but the instruction manual is extremely clear and easy to read, and follow.
- Form and Appearance : We’d say that the Schwinn 230 looks a lot like the AD6 and Schwinn 270, the differences are mostly with the programming. You will find that all the Schwinns have a very comfortable seat.
- Function and Operation : The function and operation mostly lies in the flywheel, and the LCD screen. The LCD screen is the ‘heart and soul’ of your model. It’s easy to read, you can change the settings, and pedal at your will.
- Electronics : As mentioned earlier, the LCD screen will help guide you in terms of progressing your workout. As you pedal, you can see how fast your heart is going, how fast you’re going, as well as the calories burnt. It’s a motivational tool, and for others it can be a good way to track whether things are going well.
- Measurements: 12.5 inches x 66.5 inches x 27 inches
- There are 20 levels of present resistance
- Chest strap
- Good price
- LCD: Heart rate monitor, In-console speakers with iPod or MP3, Dual-track, 3-Speed fan to keep you cool
- Data-transfer-enabled iPod or MP3
- Media shelf your ease and happiness
Additional Resources to Optimize Your Personal Training
People who are looking to burn calories in the comfort of their own home, can find other ways to optimize this objective. There are various apps that can help you keep track of your progress, like your heart rate in case you’re buying the best recumbent exercise bike without a computer. Protein supplements are usually used to build muscle, which can dramatically encourage your metabolic function. It’s usually recommended to keep track of your diet, in addition to the exercise routine you choose for yourself.
In the end, the best recumbent bike for you depends on the price range and features that you want. The results you can expect is dependent on the time you want to put into it, as well as the ways you supplement the training routine. Those who are interested in cycling, and don’t have a record of physical aches typically don’t have an issue when using this kind of equipment. You have to remember there are various types of recumbent bikes, that can adapt to your workout objectives. Upright bikes are more suitable for smaller spaces, which can make them a natural choice for those who have smaller apartments.
A recumbent bike is an ideal purchase for those who prefer comfort over cardio. If your back problem doesn’t allow you to work out, choosing the best recumbent bike depends on adjustability, and comfort. They will aid you in burning the calories you want cut out, without any strain or pain. Buying a recumbent exercise bike will help in burning an equal amount of calories, and saving money.