How to Use A Recumbent Exercise Bike?
How to use a recumbent exercise bike?
Recumbent exercise bikes are great exercise equipment that are designed to give you a great workout while you are reclining and sitting in a very comfortable position. They are very popular because they can be used at the gym, fitness club or even in the comfort of your own home. Many people prefer recumbent exercise bike over upright bikes, but some don’t know how to use a recumbent exercise bike in order to have a great and a useful work out plan.
What is a recumbent exercise bike?
It is a stationary exercise bike that has a back rest, a seat and the pedals are located at the front rather than below like in a traditional upright position bike. A recumbent exercise bike can be used as a warm up before the actual exercise routine or can be used on its own to create an effective routine. It offers an effective low impact exercise and can be used by anybody regardless of their weight, age or fitness level.
Are recumbent bikes good?
The answer is yes. Recumbent exercise bikes are preferred by many people because they are more comfortable and easier to use than traditional upright bikes. Here are some of the reasons many people think that they are great exercise equipment:
- Recumbent exercise bikes offer extra back support for riders. This makes them preferred by people who have lower back pain that could stop them from exercising regularly. This also helps people who are not very fit to get going with their exercise routine without fearing muscle strain or fatigue.
- In order to understand how to use a recumbent exercise bike, you need to understand its design. The reclined back position puts less stress on the spine and allows you to sit well into the frame of the bike in order to practice for a longer period. This is especially important for older people or those who haven’t hit the gym in a long time.
- The reclined position also puts less stress on the upper body muscles which reduces fatigue and muscle soreness that may push people to quit exercising.
- Seats are usually bigger in recumbent bikes than in upright exercise bikes. This means that people who are heavy weight can sit comfortably and learn how to use a recumbent exercise bike.
- The pedals are placed in front of the seat rather than below it. This means less strain on the knee joints and muscles which will allow riders to exercise more and for longer periods.
How to use a recumbent exercise bike?
Understanding how to use recumbent exercise bikes properly will eliminate muscle pain and soreness. It will allow you to gain benefits from the exercise routine without putting strain on your joints and muscles:
- Seat yourself properly on the seat of the bike. Make sure that your back touches the back support. Adjust the seat to your height so that you can sit comfortably. You must be able to put your feet on the pedals.
- Recumbent exercise bikes come with digital screens. Adjust the resistance to suit your personal preference and remember that you can change this at any point. You can enter your information like your age, weight and height and the computer can provide you with the appropriate exercise plan. Choose among a set of pre-installed programs and make sure to check the monitor. The monitor will show you the number of calories you burn and your heart beats so that you don’t strain your body especially if you are not very fit or don’t exercise that often.
- Make sure that you are wearing proper shoes. Avoid open toe shoes since the gears on the bike will be moving fast and you might get hurt. Any exercise trainers will work.
- Make sure that you are wearing the appropriate workout clothes. Loose fitting clothes or clothes that are hanging down can get caught up in your recumbent bike gears. Always wear shorts and t-shirts that are a little bit sung and make sure that they are made of appropriate material.
The good comprehension of how to use a recumbent exercise bike and how it works will ensure that you will gain the planned workout benefits without being strained or tired. You may also find these 8 amazing tips to lose weight with indoor cycling quite helpful.